Our contact details:
ICO Registration No: ZA886593
Updated 23rd February 2022
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers and contacts (for example, first name, e-mail address, IP address)
- Letter of authorisation
- Proof of identification (copy of your driving licence/passport and first page of bank statement/utility bill)
- Your personal information from other companies
All personal information we process is provided to us directly by you and by companies when they respond to our requests
- To communicate with you
- To ensure we can offer you full access to our services (we currently operate only within UK)
- To confirm your identity, ensuring that we provide the sensitive personal information to its owner
- To act on your behalf in order to obtain all your personal information from any organisation you choose
We have different expiration dates for different types of data we collect:
- Your name and email address is kept on our system for as long you are subscribed to our services. We will delete all this information after you cancel your subscription
- Letter of authorisation is valid for as long as you are subscribed to our service. We will use this in order to act on your behalf when communicating with companies you choose. This will help us obtain all your personal data from these companies
- Proof of identification (a copy of your driving licence/passport and recent bank statement/utility bill) is used to confirm your identity, in order to ensure that we disclose any sensitive personal data to its owner. This is used to avoid any data misuse. Your proof of ID will be kept on our system for as long as you are subscribed to our service.
- Your personal information from other organisations. We will delete all this information from our system once you have confirmed that you received it from us, and you are satisfied with the results. We do not process, share or sell this information to any third parties.
- Other communications with you (e.g. emails) will be kept on our system for as long as you are subscribed to our service.
Please note that once you have cancelled your subscription and deleted your account from our platform, all your data (personal identifiers, letter of authority, ID confirmation documents, requests sent, responses from companies) will also be deleted from our system.
- Stripe Payments
- Have I Been Pwned
- Stripe Payments - we use Stripe as a payment processor. This company collect information directly from you, and may include the following: payment method information (such as credit or debit card number, or bank account information), purchase amount, purchase date. If you wish to see a copy of your information from them, you can go to your Dashboard and select the company. Alternatively, you can contact them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HaveIBeenPwned - we use this service on a weekly basis, in order to check if you have been exposed in a data breach. We only use your email address for this service, and HaveIBeenPwned does not save your information on their system, but only verify the email address against the database they already have.
- Other companies - some companies will also need to ensure that we have the right to act on your behalf and that will need to confirm your identity. In these cases, we will share with these organisations the Letter of Authority signed by you, as well as your ID confirmation documents.
We may share the documents you provide to us (copy of your driving licence/passport and first page of a recent bank statement/utility bill) with other companies that need to verify your identity.
We use the information that you have given us in order to communicate with you, and provide the support you need.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legitimate interest.
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk